In this set of activities, participants will explore their identities, develop social emotional awareness, gain insight into observational drawing, and learn about art from a variety of cultures and times.
Each activities includes (1) Inspiration Images (2) Skill and Knowledge Building in the Arts (3) Writing prompts (4) Art Projects. Most also include Detroit-area sites that you can visit to see art. If you are reading this and want some resources for another part of the world, please don’t hesitate to reach out for resources.
There is also a set of resources, called Fundamentals, that offer additional opportunities to learn more about art theory, meditation, and more.
- Protected: Portraits I: My Name Stands For Me
- Protected: Portraits II: Seeing the Shape of Me
- Protected: Portraits III: Color and Feeling
- Protected: Portraits IV: Action Collage
- Protected: Portraits V: Action Construction
Full Supply List
- Lots of white paper
- A sponge or paper towel (handy but not necessary)
- Blue Tape
- Cardboard from recycling
- Old Magazines
- Colored paper (construction paper is fine
- Styrofoam (Recycled meat trays or tops of egg cartons, needs to be flat)
- Tempera paint (one project)
- A Glue stick
- A good eraser